Thursday 14 November 2013

Creating Blogs to Make Money Online


This is the beginning of a longer term experiment for me. I scratched the surface in the past but this time around I want to raise my game to a whole new level. I do start out with a handicap, but so what. I think I can overcome that and add a stream of income that will make a big difference toward this blog's stated goals.

What I have done is create blogs and websites (that I can manage) and am in the process of finding good advertisers to add. I did in the past start working with Google Adsense and I would recommend them but be careful. They will cut you off if they even sense a glimmer of cheating their system. They don't forgive and forget. My downfall was advertising exclusively by word of mouth at work. At work we have an Internet cafe and most of the clicks I got came from that one IP address at least that's what I think the reason was because they never clearly explained their actions. A lot of other Adsense users have suffered a similar fate. I could get around that all but I don't have the time to put into rebuilding everything from scratch again. There are alternatives. My aim right now is building my traffic some and then pursuing a few worthwhile affiliates. For this site Capital One is in my sights amoung others. For one of my other blogs Bike Nashbar is a no brainer.

Besides this site I currently have three other sites that I can put advertising on.

The first one is my personal author's blog. As Pico Triano I am a published author with Inknbeans Press. My first book Let Sleeping Dogs Lie was released in May of this year. Available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Let-Sleeping-Dogs-Pico-Triano/dp/0615823939/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

The link for my author's website is: http://picosplace-pico.blogspot.ca/

For anyone interested in my daily musings. I usually post daily on Bubblews. My profile link is http://www.bubblews.com/account/34385-koopharper and my wife's is http://www.bubblews.com/account/32591-daisy We earn a penny for every article view, like and comment.

I did create a twin to this site that is envisioned as a bicycle touring/road cycling magazine. Intention is to publish monthly with five articles 500 - 5000 words with pictures. I am looking for contributions from other interested authors and contributors. I do allow writers to include their own advertising and website links. Unfortunately I can't offer financial remunerations for articles at this time.

The link for this is: http://picoscycling.blogspot.ca/

Finally my wife has an art website called Francine's Fine Art. We are working to make that website more effective. To date her artwork gets a lot of attention but no sales. Been very frustrating for her but we aren't giving up hope. We could make a winner out of that yet.

He site address is: http://francine-heykoop.artistwebsites.com/

I will update how we are doing with this whole project along with everything else. This should slowly build up as traffic increases and the quality of the advertising improves. I look forward to seeing results in our pocketbook.

Comments on this are more than welcome. This is an area where I frankly have very little real experience. I just know there are people out there that are quite successful at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment